If you don’t want to use the search box at the bottom of the page to find what you’re looking for, hopefully this page can help you find something we’ve written in the past to help your faith grow! Don’t forget:
- For the full index of our series on the YouCat, click here.
- For a Bible study on the Covenants God makes with humanity, click here.
- For a Bible study on the Gospel of Mark, click here.
Other posts, alphabetically by topic:
- Audacious Faith: This is my Body – on the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist
- Audacious Faith: He was Conceived by the Power of the Holy Spirit
- Bored at Mass: 8 Tips to bring the Mass to Life
- Can I Disagree with Church teaching?
- Complacency: It doesn’t get more dangerous than this
- Creation and Humility – on the so-called battle between faith and science
- Is God really out there?
- Is it Hard to Get to Heaven?
- The Last Four Things – Death, Judgment, Heaven, and Hell
- The Babe, the Son of Mary
- The Greatest Rescue Mission of all Time
- Lead us Not into Temptation & Temptation Part II – a two part reflection on how we can learn from Jesus’ temptation
- My Most Embarrassing Memory (how Easter Changes things)
- The Power of Christ’s Blood (St. John Chrysostom)
- St. John Chrysostom’s Easter Sermon
- When is Jesus coming back?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
Marriage & Sexuality
- A Person First: Tips to fight pornography addiction
- Christian Marriage (what is it?)
- C.S. Lewis on the Pursuit of Happiness & Sexual Morality
- Bob Rice’s 6 Tips for Sexual Purity: Whatever, Flee, Avoid, Trust, Mercy, Fasting
- I Still Love My Ex-girlfriend
- Love and Chastity
- The Problem with Pornography
Mercy & Forgiveness
- “Hating the Sin” – An explanation of the way in which we can love a person whose actions we may disagree with
- Mercy and the Death of St. Stephen – How would St. Stephen react to encountering the one who had him killed in Heaven?
- Les Miserables – A look at Justice & Mercy in the epic musical
- There’s a Little Judas in All of Us -how we aren’t as unlike the betrayer as we might like to think
- Waterfights & Sinning
- “With Eyes of Mercy” – an introduction to the year of Mercy (2015-16)
- I Do Believe, Help My Unbelief
- Prayer as Relationship
- When Words Run out – Starting the conversation in prayer
- C4 Prayer – a Form of Lectio Divina
- Committing to Prayer -with St. Francis de Sales’ outline for prayer & recollection
- Ancient Homily for Holy Saturday
- Holy Thursday Meditation
- And Jesus Wept
- No Words
- When God & Life don’t seem to make sense
- Why does God Let us Suffer So Much?
- Why do good people suffer?
The Ten Commandments & Morality
- The Charlie Challenge & the First Commandment
- Doing Battle on the Front Lines: The Spiritual battle all Christians Face
- Doing Battle on the Front Lines Part II: Knowing our Enemies in this
- Drinking, Partying (and more) in the Bible
- Too Hard: a look at John 6 & the ways Jesus’ teachings can challenge us
- What does it mean to be free? – a look at love and freedom through the lens of faith
Other Reflections on a Variety of Topics:
- Against Varnish – not just glossing over the weaknesses in our faith
- The Angry Mob – how different are we than those who killed Jesus?
- Be the Hero (Doing what you can) – on facing difficult moments
- Blessed Chaos – how life can get turned upside down
- Change the Game – Deacon Pat Hessel on Advent
- Dandelions – Why Jesus uses so many gardening/farming images
- God Stacked the Deck in My Favor – a little of Mike’s journey of faith
- The Great Decision – the rich young man & staying in good spiritual shape
- Here. We. Go. – A reflection on the Triduum, the most important celebration of the Church year
- Hitting Reset – starting over with God
- If You Only Knew -What God sees when He looks at you
- Lent: More than a French Word for Slow
- Lent 2016: Unfinished Business – a geeky post
- Lessons from Star Wars – Darth Vader & the Stony Heart
- Lessons from Summer Camp – what summers at Camp St. Louis taught me
- Life at Sea: – What Christians Can Learn from Sailors
- Man Up! – what the life of James Kirk teaches us about manhood
- Mary, the Mother of God
- New Beginnings – Reflections to start the 2015-16 School year
- One Life – how St. John Paul II changed the world… and so will/do you
- A Promise to the Youth I Serve
- St. Joseph – one of my heroes
- Ten Things I Learned as a Parish Youth Minister
- The 1982-83 Oilers & Sacrifice – What one of the greatest NHL teams had to learn before they could win
- Worth it
- “Murray” – a friend and coworker who died in the fall of 2010
- “Well done, Good and Faithful Servant” – a tribute to Fr. Mike “Catfish” Mireau